A Brief History of Foothill Bible Church
In 1955, services were first held at the Fruitvale Community Hall in rural Lincoln on Sunday mornings under the auspices of the American Sunday School Union. Pastor Orville Cypert was our very first pastor and traveled from Carmichael Bible Church to lead the church services.
Soon afterwards, a weekly Wednesday night prayer meeting began at the home of Art and Dot Wilberger, then at the home of Frank and Dorothy Conley.
On October 9, 1955, Fruitvale Community Bible Church was started, then in January 1956, Frank and Dorothy Conley donated five acres of land on Virginiatown Road to the church. The first building was constructed on this site in 1960.
Later, an upstairs Fellowship Hall and downstairs classrooms were added, and several years later, a back addition with a nursery and children’s classrooms were completed.
Over the years, fifteen men have filled the pulpit at FBC. Our current pastor Verne Nakasone was installed as our pastor in 1981.
In December of 2009, a building at 120 Flocchini Circle in the city of Lincoln was purchased. Architectural drawings and plans were submitted and approved to relocate FBC from Virginiatown Road and Flocchini Circle. The building will be retrofitted in two phases. Phase 1 construction began on July 23, 2012 and was completed on March 22, 2013. We held our first service at our new building on Resurrection Sunday. March 31, 2013. Throughout the spiritual stewardship journey of our relocation, the Lord has led and provided for us. He is a good and kind God to His people.
Over the years, the location of our worship services has changed and people have come and gone, but one thing has remained: a deep love for God and His people and a desire to spread the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ.