JESUS First in Praying: God's Will (Pt. 1)
Passage: Colossians 1:9
The message of the letter to the Colossians is JESUS first. We learned about JESUS first in thanksgiving (1:1-8) and today we’ll learn about JESUS first in praying (1:9-14).
1A. PRAYER FOR KNOWING GOD’S WILL (1:9)
1B. Observations about prayer
- A thankful heart leads to prayer
- Prayer is a spiritual response to any person or situation
- Prayer is the loving and first response to others
2B. The Activity of prayer involves
- The right reason
- The right information
- The right response
3B. The practice of prayer
- To pray
- To ask
4B. The emphasis of prayer–“filled with the knowledge of His will”
5B. The application of prayer
- In all wisdom
- In all spiritual understanding
- Do you desire God’s will?
- Are you seeking God’s will in the Word?
- Are you dependent upon the Holy Spirit to do God’s will?
- Will you surrender to God’s will?