How to Behave in Trials, Part 2
Passage: James 1:22–1:25
The context of this passage is trials. We have learned ..
- What we know in trials is that the testing of our faith produces patience
- We are confident that God is at work in our trials
- We understand what we need in our trials is wisdom
- We recognize what is important in our trials is faith
- We realize what we are not to do in our trials. We are not to sin.
- We understand what we are to remember the goodness and generosity of God in our trials.
We will continue to give attention to how we are to behave in our trials. Simply put, we are to be doers of the Word!
1A. THE WARNING (1:22b)
2A. THE COMMAND (1:22a)
3A. THE ILLUSTRATION (1:23-25)
1B. The Picture, verses 23-24.
2B. The Example, verse 25.
1C. Proper view of Scripture
2C. Scripture is the voice of God